From Janet L. Folger and Christianworldviewnetwork.com.
“Christians sat it out in 2006 to “teach Republicans a lesson.” But we’ve been taught well what happens when we stay home on Election Day. In case you’ve forgotten, here’s a three-point refresher course:
- We’ve got hate crimes hanging over our heads like a guillotine. The Criminalization of Christianity stalled in Congress only to make the promised presidential veto tougher to carry out since it’s attached to critical resources for our troops.
- The so-called Employment Non-Discrimination Act, or ENDA, which results in “the ENDA religious freedom” in the workplace stalled only because they want to force cross-dressers into businesses who don’t want Bruce to come to work wearing lipstick and stilettos.
- Then we have a Senate Foreign Relations Committee that just passed the Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) 17 to 4, which would turn over our oceans – three-fourths of our planet – to U.N. control complete with a U.N. world tax. Why would anyone other than Nicholas Carpathia (the Antichrist in the “Left Behind” series) want such a thing?
(Column continues below)
To respond to these assaults, see the three bullets below:
- Call the president and ask him to veto so called “hate crimes” (and ENDA) – 202-456-1414.
- Call your congressional representative at 202-224-3121 to stop the Employment Non-Discrimination Act so you won’t be forced out of business.
- Call your two senators at 202-224-3121 and urge them to stop the Law of the Sea Treaty, which mandates U.N. global taxation and control.
Are you sick of it? Sick of making calls just so we won’t go to jail, lose our businesses and be forced to pay a global U.N. tax? Me too.
I suggest we do something pro-active about it. Gov. Mike Huckabee, who answered all of those issues right at the Values Voter Presidential Debate, has also never wavered on critical issues of life, marriage and the courts. He answered the toughest questions from pro-family leaders 100 percent right on Sept. 17 – including those on the North American Union and on immigration. Against all odds, he is now a “tier one” candidate – the only one who stands unwavering for life, marriage, freedom and the kind of judges we need on the courts.
Look, you can continue to throw rocks from the sidelines, but you know what I don’t see from any of the rock throwers? A solution. You can resign yourself to playing defense for the rest of your life, or you could do something proactive now.
I know of no other front-runner other than Mike Huckabee who will champion our causes of life, marriage, freedom and the courts. Here are the unacceptable alternatives:
- Mayor Rudy Giuliani: wrong on the Marriage Protection Act and wrong on the Sixth Commandment: “Thou shalt not kill.”
- Gov. Mitt Romney: Beyond his abysmal judicial appointments (including naming homosexual activists to the courts even AFTER his conversion on every major issue), he’s wrong on something even more basic: the Apostle’s Creed. The creed all Christians believe states: “I believe “… in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary …” Romney, as a Mormon, doesn’t believe Jesus was God’s only Son (Lucifer, they claim, was his “brother”). Nor does he believe in the virgin birth. Instead, Mormons believe God the Father had physical sex with Mary. The word blasphemy comes to mind. A bit more than a mere “denominational difference,” don’t you think?
- Sens. Fred Thompson and John McCain: both wrong on the Marriage Protection Act that would keep states from redefining our most basic institution. Both have since turned their backs on the Terri Schiavos of the world.
- Rep. Ron Paul: In addition to being against the Marriage Protection Act, Paul is an evolutionist who wouldn’t protect the Terri Schiavos of the world from a starvation death because our Founding Fathers never thought to enumerate it in the Constitution. He also wants to legalize drugs and prostitution but wouldn’t enforce obscenity violations. Don’t believe me? See for yourself at ValuesVoterDebate.com.
- Hunter, Tancredo and Keyes are all great guys whose campaigns have no traction.
“Teach ’em a lesson”? Did we learn nothing from 2006? Read the three bullets above to see the result of that “strategy.” Make the same mistake again, and those bullets will be aimed at you.
Put down the rocks and be a part of the solution: Go to www.MikeHuckabee.com and make the most generous donation you can now. Or don’t complain when you’re sent to jail, lose your business and are forced to pay a global U.N. tax.
We have one more chance to get our country and our courts back, and only one candidate we can count on to do it: Gov. Mike Huckabee – the solution to the issues we care most about.”